New Orleans Food & Farm Network and St. Charles Parish are partnering to bring an affordable and fully stocked professional kitchen space to local food entrepreneurs to prepare their unique foods for mass market sales.
Building a local food economy requires both the local farmers growing food and the food entrepreneurs making products from this local food. Edible Enterprises assists this by:
- Lowering the risk for creating a food business;
- Providing technical assistance and training in good food manufacturing practices; and
- Helping food entrepreneurs source ingredients locally.
Maybe you have a recipe to bring to market? Or maybe you would like to start your own food business? Or you are a farmer and you’d like to expand your markets to include a food producer? Edible Enterprises is your place to start or expand a food-related small business.
What IS A Food Business IncuBAtor?
We are a business incubator that specializes in helping food and farming businesses. We help companies survive and grow during the start-up period by providing business support, services, and resources. At our food business incubator kitchen in Norco, LA (only 20 miles from New Orleans and 50 miles from Baton Rouge), we go beyond standard business assistance by providing entrepreneurs with shared kitchen spaces and equipment. We eliminate the costly expense for each business to construct its own production facility.
FYI -- we are 1 of 2 incubator kitchens in Louisiana!
- Two (2) government approved shared-use commercial kitchens available 24-7
- Packaging equipment
- Ample storage space (dry, refrigerated, and freezer)
- Referrals to food manufacturing experts - food science, product development, marketing, distribution, and business development
Please Note: All businesses using the kitchen are required to obtain permits from the LA Dept of Health.
We have a Tenant Punchlist that we can email you - firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you Make at the Kitchen?
- Canned vegetable and fruit products
- Baked goods
- Dry salts/seasonings
- Dried herbs/teas
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Seafood products
No Beef, Poultry, or Pork products may be produced at the facility
PLEASE NOTE: The kitchen facility is not setup for assisting Food Trucks, Caterers, or Popups. If you are one of those, please email us and we will share with you information on commissary kitchens you can contact.