Small Batch Copacking @Edible Enterprises
Copacking services at Edible Enterprises are fulfilled by Food & Farm Works (FFW). FFW is a full service contract packaging company that is your one-stop-shop for producing everything from frozen vegetables and soups to jarred pickles and sauces. We cater to the needs of the smaller producer, offering low volume product runs at affordable prices that fill a niche in the market that other co-packers cannot match.
Are you an entrepreneur with a recipe for a product but no way to produce or market it? We offer private label and co-packing services on a limited basis for people with a product idea but no way to produce it. It is best to contact us directly to discuss the options and whether the product fits within our capabilities but here are a few criteria that we consider in order to pursue a business relationship with a potential client.
- Does the product recipe and process generally fit within the scope of what we already do?
- Can the prospective client supply or source the necessary raw materials and uncommon ingredients?
- Does the product have an established market with a real sales history from which to base future sales projections?
Successful business relationships in this area of service are few and often require an investment of time and money. For this reason we will need to closely examine the product, process, and potential return on investment before we will commit to the research and development process. The process revolves around 3 key steps performed in the order listed:
- Product recipe – The longest and most extensive step revolves around making the product and adjusting the recipe until the finished product meets with the client’s approval.
- Establish a standard operating procedure – We internally develop and map out how the product is to be processed to develop a standard operating procedure for the product.
- Cost analysis – Determine processing costs by computing the cost of the recipe’s ingredients, the processing labor/materials and product yields.
Clients often want to know a price at the beginning of the development process, but these 3 steps need to be accomplished in this order before we can establish cost.
Your business would be the permitted entity at the Edible Enterprises kitchen. For production, Food & Farm Works would provide a workforce of skilled food producers -- production manager, food workers -- that would be hired by your business. We would work with you to develop your process system in the kitchen, manage the workforce, and coordinate sourcing and shipment, if needed. There are no minimum batch sizes.
How do I begin?
How do I begin? We begin the process of helping bring your product to market with a conversation. We want to ensure we are the best fit for you to produce your product before anyone spends a dime. Please contact us to discuss your co-packing needs at (888) 966-0829 x2 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's the next steps?
Once we discuss your production needs, we'll sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and you can feel confident in having us take a look at your recipe to understand the production needs. There are up-front costs associated with all of the work we do to get permitted, and develop a recipe and process for production. We charge a flat fee for our services for permitting and developing a production process.