NOLA Made is an annual live pitch competition presented by the New Orleans Food & Farm Network and the St. Charles Parish Department of Economic Development & Tourism.
We encourage food and farmer entrepreneurs with early-stage ideas to apply if they would benefit from the use of the kitchen facilities at Edible Enterprises, New Orleans’ only food business incubator kitchen located in Norco, LA.
Entrepreneurs are invited to apply for a chance to pitch their business to a panel of judges during New Orleans Entrepreneur Week. Winners will gain exposure, cash awards, free kitchen hours, consulting, and pro bono technical assistance.
NOLA Made is open to any new business or existing business with the following criteria:
- Revenues less than $500,000
- Fewer than 5 employees.
- In business 5 years or less.
- A for-profit business
HOW IT WORKS
- Submit Your Application online – Entrepreneurs must complete the online entry form.
- Selection Panel will choose 3 Finalists – A selection panel with business experience will review the submissions and score the entries. The three highest-scoring businesses will be selected to “pitch” to judges at NOLA Made.
- Finalists pitch for a chance to win prizes – The 3 finalists will pitch their businesses (in a 5 minute pitch) to a panel of judges in a TED Talks-style presentation format. Judges will have 5 minutes to ask questions.
- Prizes packages will be awarded to the top 3 pitches.
Our inaugural pitch – NOLA Made 2016 – was held March 14, 2016 at the St. Charles Parish Satellite Center in Luling, LA and was organized by the New Orleans Food & Farm Network, St. Charles Parish Department of Economic Development & Tourism and The Idea Village. Supporting partners include St. Charles Parish School Board, Edible Enterprises, Food Science Program of Our Lady of Holy Cross College, and the River Parishes Community Development Corporation.