Project Lazarus seeks a summer garden intern to assist in supervision and upkeep of vegetable garden, aid in long-term planning, and assist with development and implementation of educational programming.
The intern will be working closely with the facilities manager to:
- Assist in general garden upkeep (weeding, watering, planting, harvest, pest control, etc.)
- Aid in long-term planning, including implementation of on-site composting and working with resident care staff to implement produce into kitchen menus
- Supervise volunteers and residents in the garden
- Assist in development of educational garden programming for residents, including garden training and cooking demos
- Organizing a grower’s manual for residents and generally serve as a resource for interested residents
Project Lazarus is a residential facility, which provides housing for people living with HIV/AIDS. Project Lazarus is also a sober living facilities. Staff, Interns, Volunteers and Visitors must adhere to facilities policies and procedure in regard to confidentiality and professionalism.
If interested, please contact Kathleen Welch at email@example.com with a one page resume and an email explaining your interest, qualifications, and summer-time availability.